Tuke Annex Refurbishment
Refurbishment of existing building- Baillie Hendersen
The Tuke Annex Refurbishment works included the refurbishment and
restoration of the Heritage Place know as Hill House (also known as the
Tuke Annex). Hill House was constructed between 1915 and 1917, when
originally complete the brick building housed 10 patients in single rooms
with bathroom in the western wing, a dormitory of 12 beds with bath rooms
in the eastern wing, central sitting and dining rooms with bay windows
opening onto a verandah overlooking the recreation ground and
semidetached kitchen and store.
This project involved demolition works to the existing building and removal
of existing Asbestos, then the refurbishment of the building back to office
space. New amenities were also constructed.
There were also extensive re works done to the existing electrical, fire and
mechanical systems as pert of the project.
Specialised acoustic treatments were fitted through out the building, with
the final result being A grade office areas.
|Client||Darling Downs Health|
|Project Length||4 Months|