Newlands Civil Construction (Newlands), an established civil contractor requires an experienced Senior Civil Project Manager to join their growing team in Townsville. Newlands has recently established a permanent office in Townsville, as a result of our current projects under construction and the confidence we have in the construction sector in this region.
This commitment has necessitated the appointment of a Senior Civil Project Manager. Ideally you will have all round civil construction project management experience in bulk earthworks, road construction, stormwater drainage, water supply and sewerage. However, we are particularly seeking an individual with a high level of expertise in the essential infrastructure sectors, particularly water supply and sewerage. Newlands undertakes traditional construct only projects, as well as design and construct projects using our own in-house engineers and designers.
This is a great opportunity to become a key team member in a dynamic civil construction company. Newlands has a positive work culture that has grown on the back of repeat business in the construction, infrastructure and energy sectors.
- Oversee, manage and control all aspects of the project;
- Coordinate and liaise with the client and other stakeholders to ensure the project is completed and delivered with the required outcomes in the required time;
- Contract Management / Subcontractor Management / Contract Administration for the project;
- Site staff management;
- Monitor and report on project progress (time and cost) accurately;
- Alter designs to suit changing project requirements;
- Scheduling and project implementation;
- Manage the project scope, program of works, resource requirements and budgets; and
- Ensure adherence to safety.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Multiple years of experience in all areas of civil construction, but specifically in water supply and sewerage essential infrastructure;
- Supervisory experience, with a sense of urgency to ensure project progress is maintained and/or exceeded;
- The ability to interpret drawings;
- Excellent communication, organisational and delegation skills;
- A positive attitude, with drive and determination;
- Experience working within a contractor environment;
- Ability to coordinate works with client;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Ability to undertake detailed analysis of production, safety, financial and other performance areas; and
- Degree in Civil Engineering preferred, but not essential.
This is a full time position and an exceptional remuneration package will be offered in accordance with your extensive skills and experience in the successful management of complex projects to completion, on time, within budget and to the absolute satisfaction of the client and all stakeholders. The majority of the work will be based in Townsville and surrounds, so travel will be required if you are based elsewhere.
Short listing will commence immediately for this position. If you want to join a company based on values, integrity, team work, collaboration and mutual success, submit your application to:
Newlands Civil Construction
via. e-mail to: email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Friday 31st January 2020.