Newlands Civil Construction (Newlands), an established civil contractor requires an experienced Civil Plumbing Site Supervisor to join our growing team in Townsville. Newlands has recently established a permanent office in Townsville, as a result of our current projects under construction and the confidence we have in the construction sector in this region.
This commitment has necessitated the appointment of a Civil Plumbing Site Supervisor. Ideally you will have all extensive experience in delivering essential infrastructure projects involving water supply and sewerage schemes. Newlands undertakes traditional construct only projects, as well as design and construct projects using our own in-house engineers and designers.
This is a great opportunity to become a key team member in our dynamic civil construction company. Newlands has a positive work culture that has grown on the back of repeat business in the construction, infrastructure and energy sectors.
Reporting to the Project Manager, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage, coordinate and provide day-to-day advice, guidance and supervision to all plumbing staff and subcontractors on site;
- Plan, forecast, schedule and coordinate materials, labour and plant for the construction activities, so that the construction program is met or exceeded;
- Ensure works are completed in accordance with client standards and technical specifications;
- Ensure the project is delivered on time and meets quality and budget targets;
- Undertake Quality, WHS and Environmental inspections, as and when required; and
- Complete all required project paperwork on a daily basis.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and Supervisor’s qualifications;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a civil plumbing supervisor combined with a sense of urgency to ensure project progress is maintained and/or exceeded;
- A positive attitude, with drive and determination to succeed;
- Proven ability to lead a team;
- Excellent understanding of and commitment to Quality, WHS and Environmental practices;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Intermediate computer skills.
This role will suit a motivated self-starter with the ability to adapt and work in a dynamic environment. This position will be full time, and you will be rewarded with an attractive salary package, depending upon skills and qualifications.
Short listing will commence immediately for this position. If you want to join a company based on values, integrity, team work, collaboration and mutual success, submit your application to:
Newlands Civil Construction
via. e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Friday 31st January 2020.
The talents you’ll bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or similar (essential)
- A minimum of four years’ experience in bulk earthworks and civil infrastructure (essential)
- Strong level of computing skills including AutoCAD applications
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Ability to maintain and safe workplace and environment for all
This role will provide professional development and progression for the right candidate. We work hard, however, flexibility and work/life balance are priorities. Newlands Group focus on providing an engaging, enjoyable and rewarding workplace.
The role is 6:30am – 5pm Monday to Saturday. However it is anticipated that some weekend work or other outside of hours work may be required at times.
Together we build infrastructure to enrich our communities.