Resulting from a number of project awards and continued growth within the Civil Construction Sector, Newlands Civil Construction (Newlands) is seeking the services of a full time Senior Civil Designer, to contribute to the successful delivery of multiple, complex projects.
The successful applicant will have extensive technical knowledge and be highly experienced in the design and documentation of:
- sewer and water supply infrastructure (essential);
- urban & rural roads to Queensland Department of Transport & Main Roads standards (highly desirable);
- urban and rural stormwater drainage (quantity and quality) (desirable); and
- subdivisional developments (desirable).
Working in our Toowoomba office, you will be part of a high performing team that specialises in design and construct projects, using current technology and 3D modelling software. Newlands has a permanent workforce of 100 people, working on projects throughout Queensland and has grown significantly in recent years through repeat business from clients requiring consistency in the quality of design and construct projects.
For this position, you will require:
- Associate Degree, Bachelor of Engineering Technology, or Bachelor of Engineering Degree, with a Major in Civil;
- 7+ years’ industry experience;
- Advanced working knowledge of 12d, AutoCAD (essential) and other design packages, such as PCDrain, PCSewer, DRAINS, AutoTurn (desirable);
- A track record of producing high quality, error free designs, within tight time frames;
- Natural leadership skills;
- An independently driven work ethic; and
- Strong client / stakeholder communication skills.
This position will provide you the following benefits:
- Exposure to various disciplines across the business, including working closely with senior management and other professionals as mentors, to advance your career;
- Company investment into your professional growth & development;
- Competitive remuneration, commensurate with experience; and
- Working for a community minded company, who understands the importance of a work / life balance.
This role will suit a motivated, self-starter who has the ability to adapt and work in a dynamic environment. The position will be great for someone wanting to advance their career within a supportive, practical environment. This position will be full time and you will be rewarded with an attractive salary package based on qualifications and experience.
Short listing will commence immediately for this position. If you want to join a company based on values, integrity, team work, collaboration and mutual success, submit your application to:
Newlands Civil Construction
via. e-mail to: email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Friday 31st January 2020.