Newlands Civil Construction (Newlands) an established civil contractor, requires an experienced Civil Construction Estimator to join our growing estimating and procurement team. This is a great opportunity to become a key team member of Newlands, a dynamic civil construction company, whose head office is located in Toowoomba, Queensland.
This position’s location is flexible and could be situated in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Toowoomba or Townsville.
Newlands has a positive work culture that has grown on the back of repeat business in the construction, infrastructure and energy sectors. At Newlands, our people are our greatest asset and this is demonstrated by our employee assistance program and a track record of supporting community activities locally and overseas.
As an experienced Estimator, you will have demonstrated capability of estimating from first principles on major civil and infrastructure projects including roads, earthworks, subdivisions, structures, water supply and sewerage. Experience in tendering electrical infrastructure will be looked upon favourably.
In this position you will be required to:
- Assist in the preparation of all tenders through to completion, including quantity take offs as required;
- Working with site supervisors, through to senior management during the tender preparation;
- Provide estimating assistance to support the various Project Management teams as requested, during the delivery phase;
- Work closely with procurement staff to ensure the accuracy of all pricing;
- Assist cost control staff with the preparation of various reports and reviews during and at the completion of projects; and
- Develop an understanding of the operating conditions on our various projects, to assist in the bid preparation.
To be considered for this role you must have the following experience:
- Minimum of 5 years estimating experience in civil construction estimating;
- Civil construction estimating background is essential;
- Proven understanding of construction methodologies (earthworks, roadworks, drainage, pavements, water supply, sewerage, etc.);
- Experience with Benchmark preferred, but not essential;
- High level of computer literacy, including MS Excel and MS Project;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Degree in Civil engineering, or similar tertiary qualifications (desirable); and
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
This full time role will suit a motivated, self-starter who has the ability to adapt and work in a dynamic environment. Newlands offers a great team environment, real career prospects and an attractive salary package to the right person.
Short listing will commence immediately for this position. If you want to join a company based on values, integrity, team work, collaboration and mutual success, submit your application to:
Newlands Civil Construction
via. e-mail to: email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Friday 31st January 2020.